Anime in Paris, France

I was in France last month and got a friend to show me where the Otakus hang out. Apparently along Rue Keller street, are many shops selling not just Anime , Manga and figurines, but also Costumes, cosplay accessories, Gothic Lolita and Punk wear.

 

It’s always an amazing feeling to see something familiar and close to your heart in a foreign land. It’s a sweet reminder that people across the globe all love the same Animanga despite our differences.

 

DSC00820

Check out my video below!

 

 

DSC00849

 

Rue Keller street itself looks pretty unassuming.

 

DSC00856

DSC00855

DSC00854

 

The shop that sold a mixture of punk and Lolita and other fashion stuffs that I don’t know what they are called.

 

 

DSC00816

 

A costume shop!

 

DSC00818

 

DSC00817

 

DSC00819

 

DSC00821

 

There were also many merchandise stores down the street.

 

DSC00848

DSC00847

 

 

 

 

Rue Keller Street is near the Bastille neighbourhood. I walked from the Bastille Metro station when I went. But according to Google maps, Voltaire and Brequet - Sabin Metro station are walking distance too . It probably took us 10 - 15 minutes to reach by foot.

 

image

 

Makes me wonder, how does Animanga looks like in your country? Where do you guys buy your loot in your neighbourhood? Do you ship them in from Japan? Comment and let me know please!

Comments

Popular Posts